Funeral Potatoes

I seriously think that I could live off of these! :) I Love them so so much! I got the recipe form "The Essential Mormon Cookbook" and it is on pg 72. :)


Funeral Potatoes


12 Large Potatoes or 1 (32 oz) bag of frozen shredded hash browns

2 (10 3/4 oz) cans cream of chicken soup

2 cups sour cream

1 cup grated cheddar cheese

1/2 cup butter, melted

1/3 cup chopped onion

2 cups crushed corn flakes

2 tablespoons butter, melted


Peel potatoes and boil for 30 minutes, until just tender. Cool and grate into a greased 9x13 inch baking dish (or put hash browns into a baking dish) Combine soup concentrate, sour cream, cheese, the 1/2 cup of melted butter, and onions. Gently blend into potatoes. Combine crushed corn flakes and the 2 tablespoons melted butter. Sprinkle on top. Bake at 350 for 30 min. Makes 12 servings.


***some of the things that I do with this is one I mix all the other ingredients together in a bowl and add the potatoes to it and then pour into the greased baking dish. Then sometimes I also saute the onions so that they are a little more cooked cause i hate biting into a raw one when everything else is cooked. and my mom's secret ingredient in this that totally makes a difference is we use frosted flakes.. it makes it super yummy. ***

Comments